Wednesday, October 29, 2008

These are the days of the harvest




The harvest season has its own particular beauty I think. Seeing all this makes me think of the incredible abundance that we're blessed with. Our fields, our bins are overflowing. Even though we don't directly profit from the farmer's own harvest we do profit in the overall abundance that's around us. And sometimes I wonder if we even really notice all this going on since we're not really involved in it other than to be slowed down by those slow moving tractors on the highway. I wonder if people in other areas of the country notice the scenes that are peculiar to their areas.... like those amazing mountain vistas we saw in Colorado this summer. Or a vegetable harvest in California, or logging in the northwest, or whatever harvests happen all over the country...Do people pay attention? Maybe I notice because i grew up on a farm and these cycles used to be part of my everyday life. I would hate to get to the point where I'm so wrapped up in myself that I never see what's going on around me.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: