Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A list to live by:


I found this list in a newsletter and really wanted to share. I have a hard time with fasting in general but this gives focus to the word and emphasizes fasting as more than just abstaining from but also as doing!


Fast from criticism ... Feast on praise!

Fast from self pity ... Feast on joy!

Fast from ill-temper ... Feast on Peace!

Fast from resentment ... Feast on contentment!

Fast from jealousy ... Feast on Love!

Fast from pride ... Feast on humilty!

Fast from selfishness ... Feast on service!

Fast from fear ... Feast on Faith!

- arthur Lichtenburg

2 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

Your blog always seems to make me stop and think. What wonderful advice you gave us today. THANK YOU!
Keep them coming.

Beckyb said...

I agree Mr. Brian - I'm still trying to think of a good name for her - she is quite a philosopher!!! Good advice though my coworker!!