Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Obsessions

I have been busy with most important tasks at the computer these past couple of days. I have been downloading music into my MP3 player. It holds 80 GB (YIKES!) and right now I have like, 250 MB into it. So I've been scouting nooks and crannies and even downloading from ITunes. (wow does that work slick. Be careful, there girl) All that to tell you that I have been listening to a lot of music. Well, actually I've only been listening to two songs. Over and over and over. They are so beautiful and compelling I can't get them out of my mind and I seem to have this complusion to listen to them only. I think my brain has short circuted here or something. Why I think I need 80 GB is beyond me, when I seem to be perfectly content with these two songs. "You were There" by Avalon and "Glory in the Highest" by Chris Tomlin. The first song especially, helped me work through my last meltdown (major doubts) over Haiti. "I wonder how it must have felt when David stood to face Goliath on a hill. I imagine that he shook with all his might until you took his hand and held on tight. Cause you were there...You were there in the midst of the unclear, you were always there.... you are the strength when we had none..." Words to sink deep into my heart for the coming days.

2 comments:

Lady L said...

Compelled! I just love it! Isn't it great that the Lord compels us in the direction he wants us to go so he can help us overcome our fears and be courageous in Him!

compel - to force or drive, esp. to a course of action; to have a powerful and irresistible effect, influence; to overpower.

Anonymous said...

I love that Avalon song as well. "You were, you are, and you will always be..."