Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Buster




So Buster is celebrating his birthday this month. I actually have the exact date but I won't go into that much detail right now. He is 10 years old. We've had him for 9 years already. A middle aged dog, and if the stories my brother tells are to be believed, he's lived a long life for a Kroesche dog. But that's beside the point. I met my first Boston quite a few years ago, a dog named Sparky. He was a delightful little fellow and I fell in love with the breed. They are people dogs through and through. Their first thought is always 'oh wait, there's a person in the room and I need to say Hi!' Buster is no exception. He loves to play with people, be with people, sleep with people, sit with people. I'm sure he thinks he is a people!


I spent quite a bit of time hunting for Bostons on the internet. They are all over the place. As is common for many breeds, there is even a Boston rescue club that one could get a Boston from. But as it turned out I found one at a place near Postville. Ron went hunting over there and I ordered him to check this dog out. Why were they selling one so cheaply? Was everything ok with it. And while he mumbled and grumbled about it , that's what he did. It turned out the guy needed to get rid of the male dog because he couldn't use him to breed to his sisters. So we got him for a song. Ron brought Buster home with him and he just waltzed right into our house like he owned the place...not to mention our lives. Our kids think we treat him better than they EVER got treated. I mean, is that fair? I just say, I don't have to raise Buster to be a responsible adult like I did them. And they sigh and agree. He's certainly not a responsible dog that's for sure. But it's ok. He's quite the dog!

2 comments:

thekroesches said...

At least you admit he's not a responsible dog!

Mr.Brian said...

But one look at Buster's face and your heart melts.
He is not spoiles he just has his owners trained well.
Happy Birthday Buster.