Friday, August 15, 2008

August Word: Extravagant



Extravagant: lavish, Exceeding reasonable bounds, outrageous, immoderate
This is my August word of the Month to live By! I have been pondering this for several weeks here-after someone told me to have an "extravagantly good day"! How would that look for me? Would it be like Romans 12:1: "in view of God's mercy, offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God....Maybe John 10:10 is more appropriate "I come that they may have life and have it more abundantly"


1.Share extravagantly with at least 2 people every day. Be spontaneous.
2. memorize a new verse (an extravagance of my mind)
3. practice a spiritual discipline (fasting, prayer walking..)
4. Extravagant in encouragement, extravant in giving, in enthusiasm
5. Listen. Spend time paying attention to what God has to say to me.
Already I find this much harder to put into practice than it is even to write about. It's way too easy to fall into old habits, to let my circumstances get me down, to let emotion run away with me. I hate it.
Casting Crowns has a song that speaks it all Jesus Your Love is Extravagant. absolutely.

2 comments:

Lady L said...

Excellent, exhilerating and exciting!

theKband said...

Extravagant giving every day. Good coucil. I need to be doing that.