Thursday, December 18, 2008

Partners in Cooking



Tonight is night # 2 for our cookie making sessions. I think we should have enough cookies after this round to feed, well, the whole family anyway. We made chocolate peppermint cookies from a pioneer Woman recipe. Should have used white chocolate instead of Almond bark. I don't like that flavor. We made spritz cookies too. Those are always super easy to make and so buttery they melt in your mouth. Lynn was in the mood to decorate them, so I let her. Seemed a lot of work for something that's going to get popped into the mouth and swallowed in one bite. No one in my family will be getting any of those.
And in more serious news there was an industrial accident in the making of these cookies. I was cleaning up and the kitchen aid mixer popped down on my thumb. Wow! My thumb is still throbbing. It's not bleeding anymore though. Not to worry about blood in the food, though. The cookies were done and safely out of the way.
In lighter news; I brought on a guest blogger to help me finish my Christmas cookie baking saga: my baking partner.
The Baking Partner says: I learned that we are "totally way different." How so, you might wonder?! Well, I'm into petite, pretty and neat to the point of adding extra coloring and details. So pretty, but it will taste the same in the end. I also learned that making cookies with someone else is better because there is someone to talk to. It gets really quite and "lonely" without someone to help clean-up. The other partner said, "We would have never been friends in kindergarten." That's a whole 'nother story for another blog.
PS: I failed to give Sue lessons on how not to use the mixer. I can't say I've ever encountered the same flesh eating problem.


No comments: