Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A very Miscellaneous Day

I'm listening to "The Death of Ivan Ilyich" by Tolstoy. I am depressed. Maybe it will end better.

The dog can't get up on the bed anymore. Age? Can't be his weight, he doesn't change that.

Amy has a birthday on Saturday and I don't think her present is going to get to her on time. How would I know that? They (the store) haven't called me yet and it's Wednesday already.

I learned about firewalls today. Apparently ours at work isn't the high end kind. So I have to decide if I want to leave a door open for my automation system, close it and make them ask permission to come in when they need to, or spend $5,000 to upgrade my firewall. Ha!

I think we could have walked outside this morning. But in the spirit of not doing that until at least March I was congenial about the inside thing.

I have 3 books at home right now. Reading is a struggle in the evening.

PT this morning. They taped my shoulder today. Also got a heat treatment. Those are just lovely. Too bad they actually make me work that shoulder before I leave. It hurts again.

Ron is not feeling well, but his appetite was good tonight!

It's twice this week that I heard about heaven.... and the details about what we know of it. Once from my brother and once, on the way home from work, from my grandson. Amazing that they both said nearly the same thing. (Ok my brother's had a different reason)

I am getting tired of my lunch routine.

Speech tomorrow for the Lion's. At least I'm not giving the same one that I did the first time. Do you all know what these mean: DVD, SILO, ILL,EBSCO,JF,SHHHHHH.....

We didn't get a cancellation in the right way and now the company is saying we owe nearly $600. Ouch.

I forgot my IPod today. No music. Too bad, it really does help soothe the savage beast.

1 comment:

Lady L said...

Whoa - did walking inside do this to you today?! Starting your day walking in circles maybe made you "dizzy - spinning" all day. Oh dear , let's hope spring comes early!

What's for lunch tomorrow? Something new?