Saturday, March 7, 2009

Escape to the South


I think it's a great idea to head to warmer weather sometime during these icky late winter days. After all, warm for me is a great thing! So this weekend, that's what we've done.... head south. We're in Lincoln for the weekend. And I'm sure it's warmer here than it is at home. Why right now it must be at least, well, 32 degrees! It's not snowing here anyway, which is what I here will be happening at home overnight. Ugh.

Anyway, it's been Christmas since we've seen our little munchkin. We needed a grandson fix. And he is amazing! I will tell you all the remarkable things about this boy: He loves books (I've read chicka chicka Boom Boom and more..He is quite fussy about his books) He's working on lots of new words, though I still need an interpreter. I know what Maggie is, bible, daddy, mama, grandpa, grandma, honey, and a new word for today-Zebra! See! Amazing! He signs too, to supplement his words, so he communicates quite well for his age. He loves rulers and cords and cell phones and computers and climbing and being chased. Go go go. Makes me tired! Still, It's a great way to spend a weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so funny... when I think of heading south.. I think of Italy or Greece... or Africa. nice to know that Lincoln is south for you. :-) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Busy Mama said...

I love it - nothing like a good grandson fix - oh yeah, and son and daughter-in-law fix too !!!