Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flowering


Spring seems to be arriving slowly but surely here in northern Iowa. I have been waiting with great longing for tulips and lilacs and irises. It's more rain today, and tomorrow but I am not complaining. That means these flowers will arrive even quicker, I think. If I were really on the ball, or had more time, I'd take a hike to the woods to get pictures of dutchman's breeches and bloodroot flowers. They really shout "SPRING".
I took these pictures yesterday in bright sunshine. More practice with my camera and lens. Spring makes me giddy. The thought of outdoor activities again is something I anticipate more than I thought I would!

1 comment:

theKband said...

I am really going to miss Tulip Festival this year. The boys don't realize they're going to miss it, if this would happen when they were older, there would be a mutiny on my hands by the younger two. I have Nate finally calmed down about it. No pofferjies. He'll be okay.