Saturday, April 11, 2009

Heartland Stragegy

We learned a new game last night. Six of us got together for pizza and this game that seems is sweeping through town. (We're a bit behind I think) The board is octogon shaped and homemade. 4-6 players, a deck of cards and 5 colored pegs apiece. We played as two teams-men v. women. It was a game of strategy and some luck and pretty easy to learn. But I guess I rediscovered that I am just too competitive for my own good. I don't win or lose very graciously. I pout when things don't go my way. I gloat too much when I win. I found out, too that it's far better to just concentrate on helping your partners and not on destroying your opponents, or getting even as the case was for me. You can too easily forget about strategy by seeking revenge instead of the best way to just win by playing a good game.
I don't know, I think our friends will think twice about playing competitve games with us again! That was something learned early by friends in Prairie du Chien, and by our daughters in law who have asked that competitive games be banned during family gatherings. Bother.

3 comments:

thekroesches said...

If you're competitive against your 4-year-old grandson in Chutes and Ladders and Candyland, I don't think there's a game we can play!

Lady L said...

So far, you are not banned from playing games at our house!
I'm a bit too competitive myself.

theKband said...

Man, and we lost yesterday too, you're not doing so well on games lately, huh?