Monday, September 14, 2009

Clay County Fair

It's been at least 2 years since we've been to the Clay County Fair. I jumped at the chance to go with a friend and have Ron come get me later on. So I did all the usual things andenjoyed a really warm day. We went through the 4-H building. Didn't seem to be as many as exhibits as when my kids were doing 4-H. And from the club they were in, I didn't recognize any of the kids' names. We saw the comercial buildings with all the vendors from wash machines, to vibrating chairs, to baskets and mops and seed corn and, well, you get the idea. If I'd been any bit impulsive I'd have bought these great pruning shears. They had extendable arms so they could reach 6-10 ft overhead, there were smaller pruning shears and clippers as well. 3 different sets all for only a fair special of $75.00. Cool.
Then there was this really fabulous steam mop that had all the bells and whistles. I liked the water holder on the top of the handle, and that the water heated beyond boiling, and and, and the mop covers were thrown in to boot! Only $129. Well, I looked. I longed for. But I didn't buy.
We watched the acrobat show. That was pretty neat. Acrobats on a sway bar 80' overhead. Juggling and balancing and that sort of stuff.
And how could I forget the food. Nothingtastes better than fair food. Nothing is probably more fattening either... Oh well, don't think about that. Ate a pulled pork sandwich from Oak Tree, and had a strawberry smoothie. Delish!
We did not go through the animal barns, and did not see the KICD train this year. We did run into old friends. All in all, it was the fair at its best! I didn't have my camera along, so you'll have to use your imagination to picture the fair.

No comments: