Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Walmart Philosophy

I took an outing to Walmart this morning. I had to buy a printer for 3 un-printer machines here. The machine was $32.00 and the printer cartridges were $31.97. Now, I have a philosophy about Walmart in the first place and this type of thing only emphazies it. Here's the philosophy: Walmart robs us blind, even when we think we're getting stuff "cheap". It is not worth it to shop in Walmart. Walmart is a steamroller offering us the worst of everything and using its employees in the worst possible ways. Can I say that I HATE shopping in Walmart. I hate being forced to get cheap things cheaply/that cost me in other ways. I feel like I'm being tricked, and manipulated. What makes me think that because I buy X at a lower price I am doing myself or anyone any favors? I know, this doesn't make a lot of sense but there it is.
Here is a blog that just emphasizes EVERYTHING that I feel and think about Walmart. I won't totally boycott the store, but for the most part I stay as far away from the store as I would from H1N1.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one. We don't go to Walmart unless we absolutely have to. Not to mention all the junk from China, the store is always crowded and the employees generally don't give a hoot.

Huskerflyboy

Roy Kenagy said...

Hear, Hear. Mrs. Kenagy absolutely refuses to enter a Wal-Mart, though I've been known to, for emergencies only - they are just around the corner and open 24 hrs. Roy