Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Back to the Garden

I am so excited! I am getting a garden this year! One of the problems with this wonderful tree filled yard has been finding a space with sunshine enough to grow tomatoes and beans and onions, peppers and more. I haven't had a real garden for more than 8 years now. But this year, Ron is building a raised bed- well, a larger one and two small ones to put in a sunny spot at the east edge of our lot. He should have it done by the first of May so everything can be properly planted and better yet so that things can produce properly. Last year I put in 4 tomatoe plants on the north side of our garage. I watered and weeded and got long leggy tomato plants and exactly two tomatoes one day late in August. Very disheartening. So pictures soon I hope!

1 comment:

theKband said...

If you're growing your own tomatoes, what leverage do we have to get you to come visit? I'll have to get the kids doing extra cute things....