Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sunday's Child...



I really was born on a Sunday and the little poem that describes the character of children born on a certain day of the week (Sunday’s child is full of grace), Probably only describes what I desire to live my life like. But giving grace when you’re full up to here with living (house, family, job, maintaining) is not as easy as it appears first glance! How can I make those meals for the sick down the street? Do I really have time to go help my handicapped neighbor move and clean on a Saturday no less? I have to have time to..to..BLOG! or NAP! or READ!
Then there’s the meeting that I have to run. Tonight. And everyone is dropping out. No one can be involved because life is too busy. Full time jobs. Family. Wellness. This grace thing is waaay to hard for me. Smile. Be gracious. Still treat that husband like he’s “the best”. Avoid the ‘Sorry-for-myself’ routine.
I am being taught. The school of the wilderness is still in session for me. Where do I go to get that inner strength that I need? Fill me up Holy Spirit, with what I need to be “full of grace”.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ladyl said-

You are more brave than me to post a picture of your younger years!

Life doesn't slow down as we get older, does it? Our time seems to fill up with other things. But if grandchildren is one of them, that's a good thing.

Beckyb said...

Oh my goodness - You had the darkest hair - I never would have guessed!! I love it - and yes, your words are SO true - we have time for what we make time for - hmmm, but I am wondering - sometimes do I even have time for that?!?!?

Mr.Brian said...

You sure do loke to make us think when we read your blog. And it always seems to be so true and make us think of what truely matters.
Also nice picture!!! If I had the things I needed I could post some dandies of myself too.
Good thing I do not have a scanner.LOL