Thursday, February 22, 2007

What's the weather going to be?



Need to take a trip? Have plans out doors? Need the weatherman to be accurate? I hear the weather this weekend is supposed to be lousy. And I need to travel to Sioux City for the day tomorrow, though I don't relish that thought if the weather is going to be bad. So I dug out the weather prophets to see what they have to say. Maybe they will be wrong like they often are. Believe me, there are plenty of sayings out there. Not much about a snow or ice storm, though. Let's see which one fits??
  • A year of snow, a year of plenty." or Year of snow, fruit will grow...
  • Red Sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning."
  • When clouds look like rocks and towers,the earth will be refreshed by showers
  • A cow with it's tail to the west, makes weather the best, A cow with it's tail to the east, makes weather the least. (this actually refers to clouds)
  • If the rooster crows on going to bed, rise with a watery head!
  • If crows fly low, winds are going to blow..or if crow flies high wind is going to die.
  • A sunshiny shower won't last half an hour
  • A rainbow at noon more rain soon.
  • If it's cold in February summer will be pleasant. (This one should work for us this year)


Whether it's cold or whether it's hot we shall have weather whether or not!

1 comment:

Mr.Brian said...

I heard about the chance of a storm too and I said yeah right they always make it sound worse then it is.But if they are right it dsounds like a good weekend to go to the local library and check out a good book to read.
I have to work Saturday and Sunday so I guess I do not care what the weather does.
And Becky I bet you are all happy about the forcast