Thursday, March 15, 2007

downhill all the way


The ride home is downhill. I have three whole blocks on my bike, to coast! So cool. I don't even have to pedal, just push off. Oh I might have to stop to cross traffic once, but that's it. So the morning ride up the hill is pretty well forgotten. (if you can call it a hill) I'm expecting things in my life to go something like that. I've hit 50. Top of the hill. I should be able to coast down the "rest" of the way. Just steer and watch out for traffic. Funny how things I expect don't always seem to pan out that way. hmmmm. I'm sure there must be a scripture verse, though that supports this thesis: " Yea, tho I walk up high hills in my youth, in old age thou shalt coast downhill all the way"2Hez1:1...

2 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

You do better at riding bike then I do. My knees get mad at me when I ride and I hurt for days.
Good ole Uncle Arthur.

Anonymous said...

I guess you'd better re-read the whole story of King David.