Monday, April 16, 2007

Pre-camping



This coming weekend will be a 'pre-camping' weekend. We are going to practice our pudgy pie receipe, our s'more making techniques, building fires along with the roasting of marshmallows and hot dogs, and other such fun camping practices without actually putting up a tent! Why is it camping always comes with such odd eating habits? We went camping with a group once and Ron concocted a breakfast meal that they labelled "the coffin". It had eggs, hamburger, bacon, cheese packed between two pieces of bun. When actually camping we eat such delights as fried eggs and bacon, fried potatoes, or eclairs on a stick. We load the table with things beyond our ability to consume or if we did the need for a diet would be even greater than it is now! Even when we do boundary waters camping we eat wierd meals. (Believe me, reconstituted beef stroganoff is wierd) Eating is such a social thing for us. What could be better than a meal with family or friends--especially cooked camping style! Can you tell I love to camp?More on this one later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to have pictures to re-live past moments and surviving the "coffin."
ladyl

Mr.Brian said...

My idea of camping is either in a motor home like my neighbor has or spending time in the Holiday Inn. And I must say the second one would be my top choice.
I admitt I am a sissy when it comes to roughing it.
I am anxious to read Becky's view on camping. That would be fun to hear her post on a weekend camping trip.