Wednesday, May 23, 2007

the case of the missing fingers




Notice the short post yesterday? Maybe not, but i did a 'time waster' because I couldn't use my fingers all afternoon...and some into the evening. Someone suggested that the lack of feeling and ablility to make my hands do what I wanted must feel similar to stroke victims who also struggle with use of their hands. This all stemmed from a steroid shot I had in my wrist that afternoon. That all by itself was almost worth the wait. (please note sarcasm) The numbing medicine made my hands disappear completely! Well, there was a huge burning sensation, they were bright red but they surely didn't work! I'm pretty sure that was the same as not being there! Try typing with one hand. Try buttoning or unbuttoning your pants. Holding onto things was a challenge. But as you can see, I'm back to typing again. The steroid hasn't "kicked in" yet but I could give it up to two weeks.

Hey, and we're camping this weekend, so I promise some fun pictures when we get back. (just what you wanted, right?!) "camping: the art of getting closer to nature while getting away from the nearest cold beverage, hot shower and flush toilet."

3 comments:

Beckyb said...

You didn't tell me about your fingers - girl, that is scary!!!

Mr.Brian said...

Have fun camping! And get lots of fun pictures. Maybe Buster will get in a few as well.himt hint. I love Buster stories and pictures.

Lady L said...

I am amazed at the pictures you find to post on your blog.
Let's hope you never have to have another steroid shot in your wrist!