Monday, May 21, 2007

One more Tulip Festival blog







Hey, can I get away with posting a few more fun pictures from the tulip festival? I took over 200 pictures and some of them are actually kind of cool. I filled up a whole CD when I copied them. The last thing that we enjoy about the festival that the regular guys miss is the community worship service on Sunday. The 12 churches in town gather together in Windmill park and worship together. Every year one of the pastors from a local church preaches, and one or two of the churches 'host' the event. By that, they provide the music and any special. This year the pastor of the Baptist church preached and it was wonderful! He took his message from Luke 18 and preached about the Pharisee and the tax collector. You remember the story...The Pharisee stood up in the temple and thanked God that he wasn't like everyone else, a sinner. Especially he wasn't like the tax collector. While the tax collector beat his breast and confessed his sin before God. The pastor's message was very appropriate for a community like ours. How Pharisee like we have been perceived. Justly so, I'm afraid. His message was very pointed, yet diplomatic. Something I cannot neglect to take to hearT

2 comments:

Lady L said...

More good pictures! Maybe I should sit down and see all of them sometime. I wished I could have been at the Sunday service in the park - thanks for filling me in about the sermon.

Mr.Brian said...

I see there were lots and lots of people at the service in the park,minus me. I was just to darn tired.Shame on Mr.Brian