Thursday, May 17, 2007

Company in town




Well the town is all spruced up for company. The new windmills are spinning in the park, sod laid, flowers planted. The tulips aren't in such good shape, but it matters not! Visitors are still here by the gazillions. (just witness the parking nightmare on our street) The straatmarket is lined with food stands and game places. There are even a couple of new foodstuffs to try. (cheesecake on a stick?!) I got my need for a funnelcake out of the way tonight. Thank goodness. It wasn't as good as I thought it should be. The local kids had their ride night on Wednesday and now look like they've been doing this festival all of their lives! I don't feel quite like the tourist that I did a couple of years ago, but still, I took tons of pictures, sat in the sun and enjoyed the parade two times. (4 more to go). This is like the beginning of the summer season, and it's all laid out in front of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the almond patties

Mr.Brian said...

I could not be having a better time. Weather is great and I am having the time of my life.