Tuesday, June 26, 2007

All things free. What's on your list?


I think summer is my favorite time of year. The heat, the humidity aren't a big deal (probably due to an airconditioned house and workplace) even when I have to be out in it. It's pure joy being outside right now. I can go anywhere on my bike and often do. We grill out for evening meals and enjoy them on our deck. If not that, we can wander uptown on Thursday evenings for the Brats or burgers that are always being served. On Wednesday or Thurs nights we can enjoy concerts in the park and the rest of the week enjoy the concerts that the neighborhood kids put on with their play. Or how about this, drop everything and head up to the coffee shop for a smoothie or iced coffee. I was able to get the first of the fresh peaches at the farmers' market in Lincoln on Saturday. They were a bit pricey I admit, but we ate them tonight in a cobbler and , Oh My! That was every bit as good as I remembered. The fresh strawberries are done now, but there's more of the summer's bounty to come...Tomatoes, cucumbers, fresh veggies, sweet corn. I don't know why everything necessarily revolves around the good food. Lots of other things about this time of year make it the best too. I've been swimming, walking, canoeing, camping, biking and reading! These are everyday joys. I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

And all I enjoy is reading in the shade.
I am ready and waiting sweet corn.
And thank goodness for farmers market.

Beckyb said...

I love the smoothies and iced coffees too!! NOW there I can agree with you, girl!!