Sunday, June 10, 2007

light the fire

Sundays have come to be fairly self serving. Since there's a 'no work' policy in place here, it seems it's a "what can I do for myself" but not be work policy instead. So, let's see: sleep in late (7 am) read the paper, an hour or so of church (habit), take plenty of naps and, there, I've filled the "Keep the Sabbath" rule. I think I'm getting cynical or something in my old age, but I'm coming to realize that this somehow isn't quite what the rule was in place for. Sure I need the rest physically, but even more than that I need to rekindle-spiritually. I need to lay to rest the worry that is dogging me, to refire the zealousness that used to be mine at the beginning. I am in a major state of burnout and I need more fuel for the fire that's there. So for everything I "do" today I want it to be that my heart and mind focus on my creator: ride my bike? so that the wind in my face is a reminder of the fresh wind of the holy spirit. Nap? that the power of his spirit is present whether I am asleep or awake. take a walk? that every step I take should be steps that draw me closer to Him....refiner's fire, my hearts one desire is to know you...

No comments: