Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dream House


Do I watch too much HGTV these days? Ron claims my current remodeling ideas could only have come from there...thoughts of granite counter tops, wood floors and open floor plans have never been in my normal vocabulary so where else could they have come from. (sigh) It's true. I am a home voyeuer of beautiful million dollar homes knowing that will never be my fortune. I need to remember my real 'dream' home. And here's a picture of it, too! My very first house. It had a wrap around porch, huge open kitchen and dining room/living room combination. Four bedrooms up and one down. Even a bath and a half. We owned nearly 3 acres of land with our own barn, machine shed and corn crib, a grove full of trees and even an orchard. In our early search of a place to live we had been given positive proof that this place was where we belonged. I had absolutely no doubt that this was the place we were supposed to be living. This find was pretty close to miraculous. If not this house, we would have been living in Illinois someplace close to our parents and brothers and sisters. Instead we were living the dream life in Iowa of all places! We've been only in Iowa for over 30 years now and this first house was truly the dream house to end all dream houses! I'll tell you about some of the nightmares that went with it in my next post.

1 comment:

Lady L said...

Ahh.. the joys of homeownership. As women, we are great at 'dreaming' of changes!