Tuesday, October 16, 2007

East going south


Have you ever happily been totally and completely wrong and when you figure it out you're in such a tangle you have no idea how that could have even happened? Wonder what I'm talking about? I got lost on the way to a place I know how to get to with my eyes closed. Yikes! All of a sudden I realize as I'm driving along, that i don't have a clue as to where i am. My mirror compass says I'm going south. I thought this place was east. At least it always used to be. Maybe you really do have to go south to go east....hmmmm. Keep driving. No wait. Turn left here at least make an attempt at east. Now I really don't know where I am and I'm doing that on a gravel road to boot. How did this happen? Talk about being discombobulated!! When I finally run into a road sign that I recognize I'm 10 miles in the wrong direction! And it's not even a nice day for a drive. I have to BE THERE! How to get from this spot to that without going back the same way is my next trick. I actually have to get the map out. Bother. That was a half hour waste and I'm not even sure how it happened. I might need to pay attention when I'm driving!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're supposed to pay attention to your driving when your driving, and it's a good thing you know how to read a map huh??

Lady L said...

Yikes - sounds like you needed a co-pilot! Would you agree husker flyboy?!?!

Mr.Brian said...

Better have on star help you next time.
Since you are a grandma all this is ok.Grandma may be forgetfull.