Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What the Wind blows in


I am in a cold spot when I sit at my desk. It's probably a good thing. I have to get up and go out into the library once in awhile! Imagine. But today, I noticed the worst cold was blowing in from outside still attached to all the people as they walked in! There was the college student who came in with a thin winter coat on. He'd ridden his Bike into the north wind from school 6-8 blocks away! Yikes. Against the wind. He said his tears were even frozen! My co worker sat at her desk with her ear muffs on for quite awhile before she headed home. She was getting them prepared I guess. There were red, runny noses. Red faces, wind blown hair, and every person complained about the wind. Every person was bundled up against the wind with hats, heavy coats, gloves and scarves. Just like the story of the sun vs. the north wind I think I could love winter if it weren't for that darn wind! But undoubtedly I will be longing for that summer sun until I see it again!

No comments: