Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Picture taking.


I love this picture. This was taken on the fly, before I really knew anything about photography. (like I know anything now. Ha!) I was still taking things from far away. I preferred the "big" picture as it were. (I have pictures of all three of my kids on their first day of school and they are standing a football field length away from me as I get the shot. I really got the whole kid. Bother.) Anyway, back to this shot. It was taken in South Dakota on trip to the Black Hills. This truly gives you the impression of the vastness and openness of the prairie. Rarely is there anything out there to take a picture of, but there is plenty to see in this one. You can almost see the heat shimmering up too, because as I remember it was a very long hot ride! It was also taken on a a little cannon 'sure-shot' 35 mm camera. I have lots of pictures from that trip and very few of them turned out this well. Like the one of my kids, again, in front of MT. Rushmore. Well, at least I got a nice view of ALL of Mt. Rushmore. But you need a magnifying glass to figure out who those 3 people are standing in front of it!

No comments: