Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dare to Do:


Wow this was a challenge for me. There are lots of things, believe it or not, that scare me. High places. The unknown,Talking to strangers,Speaking publicly,being offensive,medical conditions that may or may not affect me in later life.... so this challenge that came last night gave me some pause. What would I "Dare"? I generally analyze risks before I take them, so I'm speaking pretty broadly here. It's hard to get me out of my comfort zone. Whenever we've moved this has always been my biggest challenge, to step outside of myself, take a risk and see if I can integrate into the 'system'. If you've never moved or changed jobs or done something out of the ordinary, you might scratch your head about what i'm talking about here, but believe me, finding yourself in a new spot can create quite a dissonance. It takes me several years to get comfortable again, to stop feeling like the biggest oddball in the bunch, not to mention being the German among the Dutch. Yikes!! So now that we've been in OC for nearly 5 years I have made it back to the 'very comfortable' level again. I need to be shooken up, as it were. Out of the comfort zone again. Dare it. Find the stranger, do something out of the ordinary. Any suggestions out there?

"I will make him draw near, and he shall approach me,for who would dare of himself to approach me?declares the LORD."Jeremiah 30:20-22

walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it multiplied.Acts 9:30-32

1 comment:

Amy A. said...

Well, you are going to Haiti. That ought to shake you up a bit!