Friday, May 2, 2008

Live from 310 2nd St


This is my version of 'live and in color'. You get to peek inside a visit from the grandkids and their moms while the dads go off and play. (though I'm not jealous in the least because they are all outside in the cold) Instead of playing outdoors/in the park we have another rainy, cold day to contend with and 3 rambunctious, but very flexible boys. Play with the telephone, but Phin, remember-no calling Australia." "now for sure you can get new carpet in here, Sue. I think 3 spit ups counts as a reason to get rid of this" 'Isaiah, do we get to jump on the couch?" "Remember, gramma, when the naughty song comes on we have to turn it off. " (that is apparently a reference to a Keith Urban song, and I don't even know who Keith Urban is!) Bratwurst is a favorite. Chicken and Ketchup go together (ketchup, in fact goes with everything) Phinehas really does know how to say 'car' and can distinguish easily between cars and trucks and loves to do so. Teething makes for long nights for someone, but not the gramma. I still haven't figured the DVD player out and I know I'm smarter than it is! Grandkids may not sit still for pictures, but it's ok, my camera works well even when they're behaving like frogs. It doesn't matter if it's cold outside, if the rain has stopped we must take a walk and get the jiggles out!
I know I was a mom of 3 once, but it amazes me as to how much energy this takes. Being grandma is good. These kids are too!
Pictures. Lots of pictures. Later.

1 comment:

Busy Mama said...

That makes me laugh - welcome to my world!!!!