Monday, April 28, 2008



I found a great website for my family geneology hobby when I was at PLA in March. I have already found some great stuff that I didn't know was out there earlier. You can check it out for free at familyseach.org Unfortunately, I'm the only one that seems to care. As soon as I dig out pictures or letters or books from my big box people start running in the opposite direction screaming, or their eyes glaze over. But it doesn't deter me from putting together the great family puzzle anyway. There's always one more piece to fit in. It's a never ending thing, but I love it. I often wonder about what these people's lives were like, what kinds of things they did for relaxation, or work, or vacation, or worship. Did they play with their kids? Eat at favorite resturants....And really, all I have is the - between their born on and died on dates. I even love the way the family trees come together...and they just go on and on. The coolest stuff, though is the paper trails that I get with obits and odds and ends telegrams, certificates and pictures. They bring everyone to life! So every time I find another 'free' spot on the internet to get more info you can be sure i'm busy searching it out.

No comments: