Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Summer Ride

This post isn't about a slide, but about a ride: the summer ride. It's always a short, fast ,and hot one. Except that this year we're starting out cold. But already it promises to kill me! I'm talking about summer at the library, of course. We are usually so busy we barely have time to breathe. I always wonder why kids sit at the computer playing games all day long instead of heading outside and enjoying a good book and the sunshine. Or at least enjoying the outdoors with some sort of imaginary...something. Today, naturally, the last day of school, and 49 degrees and cloudy outside well, I got their logic. We were crazy busy though. We haven't even started any of the programming yet. That will bring a new dimension to everything! I don't think i've spent too much time talking about work, and I promise not to use this spot as a place for that. I also don't want to wish my summer away. I want to, well if not exactly enjoy the busy ness of it all, at least be able to go with the flow of it all. My goal is to read books that I really should have read long ago, but never had to get to. Above all, relax in the moment of it.

No comments: