Friday, May 30, 2008

Spring time ritual




So a highlight of warm weather is always going to Bob's. Bob's is "the home of the Bob Dog". This drive in has been listed in Gourmet Magazine as one of the midwest's top places to get hot dogs and taverns. They neglected to mention their shakes and as far as I'm concerned that ranks right up there too. Tonight I tried their strawberry malt just to vary a bit from my usual peanut butter shake. Very good. It had whole chunks of strawberries. mmmmm! Their cheese balls and fries aren't all that great, but with a hot dog or tavern they usually go down pretty good. And in honor of the very lovely weather we finally had today, we even sat outside!

1 comment:

Amy A. said...

I don't like Bob dogs because they have a weird snap when you bite into them. Gives me the shivers!

Look! I'm back online. Yay! I sent an email to the library so check the circdesk later. xoxo