Monday, June 2, 2008

June Word:


Sunday I was struck when a teen prayed during the service and used some big words. I wrote one down: 'immersed' ,thinking that it was a great term. Pretty good for just a kid to be using it. I thought as she prayed that I need to have some immersion myself. Then pastor actually used it during his sermon too, and I knew ... My June word. Immerse: "To engage wholly or deeply" "to plunge into something that surrounds or covers".

How can i immerse myself more in what the Lord is doing around me? I walk through my days and sometimes forget totally all my intentions of loving on someone who needs it, or checking my attitudes against God's love for me. Stephen Curtis Chapman song talks about exactly what I'm thinking o here: Diving In-

I’m diving in, I’m going deep in over my head,

I want to be Caught in the rush,

lost in the flow,

in over my head,

I want to go

The river’s deep,

the river’s wide,

the river’s water is alive

So sink or swim, I’m diving in


And then this in the verse: But we will never know the awesome power Of the grace of God Until we let ourselves get swept away Into this holy flood ... That's the kind of immersion I'm talking about. The kind that covers me completely and fills me fully and spills out to everyone around me. And it's action! Let's Go!

Immersion: pour over me the Word. Pour in me the Spirit. Flow out of me all His mercy love and grace.

No comments: