Monday, June 16, 2008

There is no other name under Heaven



Isaiah was telling me on my visit to his house yesterday, what it takes to get to heaven. The first step, he informed me, was to ask Jesus for forgiveness of my sins. "Grandma, do you sin?"

"Sad to say Isaiah, yes I do."

"I sin a lot." he told me.

I had to laugh at that one. The spankings he's gotten probably keeps that pretty clear in his mind. I however, haven't had a spanking since I was, well, it's been awhile. So How do I know about that sin? It's pretty easy to slip into the thought that I'm an 'ok' person, after all. I haven't murdered anyone lately....

But I have ignored them.

Thought really ugly thoughts about them while I was driving behind their slow moving vehicle.

said unkind things

held on to an unforgiving spirit

been proud

enjoyed gossip
let jealousy overwhelm me...

Yes. I guess I'm not such a great person after all. Those 7 deadly sins, (Pride. Envy. Wrath, Gluttony,Lust, Sloth and Greed)Yup, I own them all. Thanks for the reminder Isaiah. At least I know they have been taken care of at the cross..now I just need to make a small trip to the foot of that cross.


2 comments:

Whitty's Four said...

Those are some fine looking grandsons!! Even if they sin.

theKband said...

A good reminder to hit that foot of the cross. Isaiah, once again, asked us in the car of ways we sin. Ugh. Very convicting.