Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fathers with influence


Though both of our fathers have been gone for more than 30 years now, their influence in our lives and that of our children and grandchildren can still be felt. The love, security, discipline and integrity of their lives had a profound impact on both Ron and I-in many ways it was subtle but it left its mark. I treasure the memories i have of my father. I am so glad I knew Ron's father. He is so much like him, it makes me think I must have many of my own fathers characteristics as well. Happy Father's Day!
"Are we not like two volumes of one book?"
"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."
"It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was."





2 comments:

Lady L said...

My land girl - look at the long hair and the short skirt! Now we have short hair and long skirts!
Aside from the fashion note, our fathers have been a special gift from God!

Lady L said...

I should qualify the previous comment - since you don't wear skirts very often - I know you wore them in Haiti and they were longer!