Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Seeing God in Everywhere!


Many years ago, when my kids were still very young, I was given a challenge to go on a daily 'God Hunt', that is, to be mindful of God in the everyday of my life. Look for Him in my work, in my interruptions, in my household chores, in every single moment give myself a chance to see Him at work. Then, go that way! I found that if I looked back over the day I could see that much better sometimes than when i was in the heat of the battle, as it were. If I would have kept up the practice for the 30 some years that that's been, I might be better at it today. But of course, it's too easy to live without that 'practice of the presence of God' (brother Lawrence) I always want to do better and I had my hands on a little booklet the other day that gave me a nice list. I love lists. I love to cross my things off. That sense of accomplishment is too much for me. Anyway, This was a great day. A busy day, but full of things for me to be overwhelmingly thankful for. And in that, I would stop and say, "Hey! I see you God. You can't hide from me. You are at work in the lives of men. I want to join you in that." Here's today's God Hunt list:
  • The Mompremier's are back and they stopped at the library. I got to hear personally about young Kelly's folks who have left VooDoo. Wow! It is so very real for me because i got to meet the whole family.
  • The Farmer's Market was open today and I got fresh sweet corn. MMMMMmmmmm.
  • There was time for a nap.
  • My Ipod worked well this morning and I got to hear Joseph Stowell preach from Ruth while i walked. That was amazing.
  • I got a lot accomplished at work today. So what can I hope for tomorrow? I don't know. But if I PAY ATTENTION I think I will find Him. If I am open to being inconvenienced and humbled, I know even i can be used.

No comments: