Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Head 'em up, Move 'em out!

Well, it looks like the new garage might actually be a possibility before the end of the year. The new one will go in the same spot that the old one was in. They even have to take out the old slab of cement. So today they braced up the old one, then jacked it up then stopped and had some discussions. Things I overhear: "don't call these widowmakers for no reason"..."What if we cut these bars? Wonder how hard it would be to weld them back on..." (this in reference to the rack they were using.) Get the big one.... We measured everything by an 8' standard and we wouldn't have had to. (Greek to me)

They started working on this in the afternoon and got it into the alley by 10 p.m. They will pull it out tomorrow. Then we will be left with a slab of cement, ruined rhubarb, and the chore of ... well, lots lef to do! I'll post some more pictures as they pull the garage down the road.

1 comment:

Andrew Clarke said...

Hi Sue, I found your blog site when looking for Christians who like to read and include fantasy as a genre. If you like "The Chronicles Of Narnia," may I suggest another novel to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" is a Christian inspired fantasy adventure, which you can preview by reading the sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you want to visit. I would be thrilled if you read and enjoyed the book; whatever happens, however, I greet you in the Lord.