Saturday, September 13, 2008

Retreat


This weekend was the Women's Ministries retreat at Hidden Acres in central Iowa. I've never been to this campground before and it was well worth the trip. Not only that, but I actually came away with some wonderful insights. Though, I have to say, I didn't get much sleep. One of the best things about these retreats is that we get to hear 'the stories'. I love hearing how God has been at work in everyones lives. I am often so amazed and inspired and humbled by how much He is accomplishing in and through us.

Based on Prov. 10:9: God magnifies HIS name when we are weak. We don't have to be eloquent or strong or handsome. We don't have to be beautiful or brilliant or have all the answers to be blessed of or used by God. He honors our fatih. All he asks is that we trust Him, that we stand before him in integrity and in faith.
To bed early tonight!

No comments: