Thursday, October 9, 2008

Driving to Work

Red truck cruising down the road. The mornings are busy. Everyone is heading to work at 8 in the morning. (do you get bored with driving? Take a look at this!) Sometimes sun. Sometimes clouds. Always something interesting to see. The honeywagons spreading in the fields right next to the highway. Boats in the gas depot, hundreds of trees planted in someone's farm yard.... There's plenty to listen to. At highway 60 I can crank up the speed and I do. Curves, hills, big ole pine tree on the edge of he road, streams, railroad tracks. It takes me 20 minutes to get from home to the door of the library in LeMars. Two whole stop lights that slow me down. (horrors) Its been 5 years since I've had to drive to work. I'm not used to it. But I'm enjoying it so far.

2 comments:

Amy A. said...

Don't tell me you haven't downloaded books to listen to on your drive! Pretty soon your commute will be so automatic that you will arrive to work and wonder how you got there! Just don't fall asleep.

Mr.Brian said...

Glad to hear the drive is going well.
Just do not speed.
And hope for a good winter.