Thursday, January 22, 2009

Smelling Spring

We've had some melting this week. That is so lovely. I like seeing the water run, the snow piles going down. There is, however, a bit of side effects to all that melting. It smells WET! Well, that probably wouldn't be so bad, except now I know I live in a rural area. The wet brings out the lovely aroma of all the county's animals. Pigs. Cows. Chickens. and then there's just mud. It smells, too. I could smell it all the way from LeMars to Orange City. If only spring were just a bit closer, I would feel better about this. As it is we'll probably get more snow. More melting later. More wet. more smells. Ah well.

And on the smell side. Just like you can smell the difference between coffee and chocolate, you can tell the difference between pigs and cows. Lovely. Important too, I'm sure. You wanted to know this right?!

No comments: