Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Flu?

This weekend was a 'guys weekend out' at my brother's. So I went to Sioux Falls to spend some quality time with the grandkids. They were great! I have lots of fun new pictures to post, which I will get to today sometime, I promise. But before we go there, a prayer: "Oh please Lord, do not let me get sick. I have way too much to do in the next 3 days to go there". Now is that just selfish or what? I'm beyond worrying about the actually horribleness of the flu, which is bad enough in and of itself, I just want to get through my assigned budget presentations, and speech this week. No postponements allowed. Oh, and I should say, I'm worried because Ron is sick sick sick. I mean really sick. As in, you don't want this because you'll be up all day and night in the bathroom just like he is right now.
So all of our friends and family that actually had contact with him this weekend here's a prayer for you too: "Please Lord, these friends and our family all really can't afford to be sick either and I pray for protection from this sickness for them too. amen."
And of course, a little compassion for the sick guy too: "Please Lord, a speedy, uncomplicated recovery."

1 comment:

theKband said...

I hope Ron is starting to feel better. This morning I got called out of church to pick up Phin, he started a fever. Oh boy.