Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What If....

"Last night while I lay thinking here
Some whatifs crawled inside my ear,
and danced and partied all night long,
and sang their same old whatif song.
What if.....
That's me, for sure.

I spent a couple of night on my own this week. I have been used to having Ron travel and thusly, being on my own on occasion. Not a bad thing. So it would be me, work and the dog. I could live with that! Anyway, that first night, even though I had the whole bed to myself, I woke up several times...what if the furnace breaks down? (it was 13 below zero, it would be just like a brand new furnace to break down, right?) What if tomorrow's the day that they fire me? What if I oversleep? (I can't turn on the alarm clock) How come I can't get warm even with the dog in bed with me? Shoulder pain, what was I doing today? Tuesday, shortly after I got home, I was supposed to be involved in a Bible Study. Instead I got stuck in the snow as I backed out of the driveway. Well, I know I have good neighbors anyway. There were 5 of us out there digging, and pushing. So much for bible study. At least with my second night I didn't entertain any 'whatifs'.

No comments: