Monday, January 25, 2010

On Blizzards, wind and other such winter joys

I headed to work early this morning. After all we'd gotten more snow and the wind was blowing to beat the band! I was leaving early, though, because I had to open the doors for our cleaning crew. Ooooh, it was a really awful drive. Getting on and off of hwy 60 was a bit tricky since I couldn't tell if there was any traffic coming or not. Once I was in town, though, it looked like every thing was clear and fine. I settled into work. Phone calls, grants, sad news about county funding, etc etc... Then I start getting information about the fact that my little snowstorm illusion (i.e.that being in town made it fine) was just that-an illusion. Schools called off. Patrons in to describe blinding whiteouts. Husband telling me to get a room or head home..now! I think I've mentioned before that I have promised myself not to drive in blinding blizzards anymore. But I headed out anyway. It was worse than my trip down there. Oh boy. This is turning into a very long winter.

1 comment:

Jackie Savi-Cannon said...

Thanks for sharing you views..it made me smile..
http://www.rnrprogram.com