Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just One Day at Work!

We ordered new library cards today, ones that will have a picture of the library on it, and will have a key card. You know one of those little ones that fit on a key ring. We ordered 3,000 of them Wow! Exciting because they seem, well, so up to date!
I also got in some brand new battery back ups for our computers. Now these weren't the cheapest things in the world, but I didn't get too bad of a deal on them, and, and I get to send the old ones back. I'm being green because I'm recycling. What could be better than that. These things are supposed to be better than just surge protectors. I tell you, though, all these little computer peripherial stuff can just nickle and dime you to death. Don't like that much.
In other news here at the library, I found out this morning that 7 people are planning to participate in my 'outside-the-library' book club coming up. We are going to discuss Jason Wright's book The Wednesday Letter. That means I am doing two book clubs for the library. This, I remind myself, is why I absolutely love the library. Nothing is better than getting to read, and then sit down and talk about what I'm reading with other people....(and get paid for it)

1 comment:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!