Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Time to Clean!


Friday is a big day here. The kids (well, 2 of the 3 anyway) are coming.
There's something wonderful about having company. Even if it's just your kids. It's my perfect motivation for Cleaning! (it's also a great way to get hubby to help, too) They do realize I'm not normally neat. They have seen my house totally askew. But there is something to be said for having clean bathrooms, made beds, swept, washed, polished, scrubbed, and put away- everythings. It makes it easier to relax. To not think about what's at home that looks this messy and even more-it makes them feel welcome! Well, at least that's the message I hope they're getting. They are so Welcome! In a way that's a take on my spiritual life too. It's Christmas season. I am saying, "Welcome, little one, to a pretty messy world, but to my heart that has turned to You. I've swept and I've scrubbed. I'ts not perfect. But I'm so glad You're here."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We wish we could be there on Friday too! I am looking forward to seeing you on Christmas. I love looking at your blog--it's fun to see what you've written and I love the book list too!

Beckyb said...

Ok booklady you forgot One True Thing on your book list!! AND - when you got done cleaning over there - feel free to head my way!!