Sunday, December 17, 2006

A poorly worded version of "The night before Christmas"



'Twas the week before christmas and all through the house boxes and wrapping paper were strewn all about. The dog and the cat play happily, no worries for them about christmas visitors yet to arrive. The baking half done and groceries yet to procure; The turkey needs to thaw, the pies have to be baked, and what games shall we play or movies shall we watch? Do I need to have a plan or can we just talk?

No snow or a blizzard has yet made a show. I'm caught in the trap that's right out my door-commerialism, and glitter only making me want more.


When what to my wondering eyes should appear-children in costumes and singing bright songs

reminding me of Christmas and the reason to cheer.

Jesus, a baby come to meet my deepest need-which I find not in presents, in trees or in glitter. Not in the snow, the elves or the baking. Christmas is quite simple it seems-

just the manager to remind me that plain is fine.


So on with the WORD and on with Good Cheer, Salvation has come as the Angels have declared.

"Unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior who is Christ the Lord". Amen.

2 comments:

Beckyb said...

You are so good!! Inspiring!! I am just impressed to know you!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty good stuff Sue. We will enjoy seeing everything you have on hear. God bless you, Loren