Wednesday, January 3, 2007

New Year's Resolution at work...day 3


Early morning workouts have moved from my outdoor nature walks to stiff workouts with all the hardcore exercise people early in the mornings at the Wellness center. Yikes! They're running 6 or 7 mph on those treadmills. I'd be lucky to make it to 4.5! And I still haven't quite gotten the hang of that "move-your-feet-but-don't-jar-your-brains-doing-it" machine. (really, I can't remember what it's called.) I feel too tall. Or the machine is too short. And wow do I sweat! Am I supposed to be doing that? I managed a half an hour today and "went"("ran" "jogged" "ambled" pick a verb) two miles. That's an interesting statistic considering the scenery stayed exactly the same the entire time I was there...i.e. All I could see was the back of the treadmill runners' heads. Well, I hope that the workout at least took off the candy cane calories that I had later on in the day! At least no one is tempting me anymore with fudge, or cheesecake. I'm going to have to make two trips a day up there until this ugly 10 lbs disappears. It came on pleasantly enough. Taking it off is going to be misery. Anyone else want to join me? I'd be glad for the company. After all, you know what they say about that "misery...." (Oh yeah- It's the eliptical machine!)

1 comment:

Mr.Brian said...

Just be glad you only have an ugly 10 lbs to take off. I've seemed to have let my weight take over. It is so easy to put it on but oh so hard to take it off. I am with you, the treas mill is way to dull for me too, I enjoy the outdoors more.