Monday, July 2, 2007

Tour de minnesota





I've always thought riding in RAGBRAI would be such fun (the Iowa 400 mile trek from river to river). After this weekend I know I would never survive. (or I would have to do one heck of a lot of training for it!!) We did a biking/camping weekend in a campground on the Sakatah Bike trail near Mankato, Mn. What a beautiful area. What a wonderful campground we were in! But we were in the middle of two small towns and biking either way was going to be a distance. At 10 in the morning it didn't look so bad, but by the end of the day I was wiped out. I peddled slower and slower and slower. It got hotter and hotter. We biked 16 miles. We took a picnic lunch and then were able to explore the small town of Elysian. We checked out their ice cream and the new Elysian Queen was serving. That always helps the taste- it was pretty good. They were having a bean bag throwing contest while we were there and, darn, we were going to miss the 4th of July turtle races. (bring your own turtle) I brought back some great pictures, sore muscles and lots of dirty laundry. i have to say, too, that I love our camper.

2 comments:

Lady L said...

Is that a hot air balloon in the background of one of the lake pictures?

Nice sunset picture!

Mr.Brian said...

Love the pictures.
And I would never survive the bike ride across Iowa either.As far as that goes I do not think I would make ten miles,(bad knees).