Monday, August 20, 2007

Fruits of our labor



So our trip to Michigan was very 'fruitful!' We stopped at several places along the way and brought back some tastes of the country. In Michigan we got peaches, blueberries, and blackberries. The peaches are lucious and I can't get enough of them. I thought I might have some for freezing but I think I'll be eating them all! As we travelled through Illinois we stopped at Oberweiss Dairy and had some of their ice cream. Wow is that ever heavenly. Then in Wisconsin we bought ... what else, cheese! We went through Monfort, the home of blue cheese so we got some of that, curds, and smoked cheddar. We got sweet corn for $3 a dozen. And it's great stuff too. I will freeze some of that! Any way, if you see me, you might notice I'm waddling down the street.

No comments: