Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Going Home



If I needed any evidence that the summer flew by, I got it today when I took my mom back to the airport for her to fly home. She got here just before memorial Day and spent the 3 summer months. I can't believe she's headed home already. But we did a lot. She said that often. Even though we were gone several times and she just stayed here and babysat Buster. I felt like there could have been more ... But here's a list-

1 "camping" trip

Lunch at her place on Wednesdays

Shopping

Thursday evening meals uptown at Woudstra's Brat stand

A trip to the Omaha Zoo with the whole gang

Sunday dinners together

watching movies at home

Having her visit me at the library

A trip to Mason City and a bed and breakfast

Malts and dogs from Bob's


I know plenty of people who don't really enjoy the company of their mother. I'm so glad I have mine, and have had such a time as this to get to know her!


1 comment:

Mr.Brian said...

What a wonderful summer it must have been. I think I take for granted my parents only 5-6 blocks from me.I can never imagine not being able to just stop by and seeing them.
I am so glad you had the chance to have you mom in town the past 3 months.And YES the summer did fly by.
And it was a good thing you had a sitter for Buster since your darn neighbor had to go and get a second dog and will not have Buster now.