Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Farmers Market


I headed up to the local farmers' market after work today. They are selling every Tues, Thurs and Saturday from May through Sept. I know we're a pretty small place when there are only 4 or 5 tables of stuff and it all fits inside the shelter house! Oh to have a weekly market like they have in Lincoln! (picture) But, I'm really not complaining because I just love the availability of the fresh stuff..Let me count the ways: fresh strawberries through June, asparagus,sweet corn, green beans,tomatoes, peppers, onions, and now the apples! I can and do buy bread, pies, flowers. I had a huge garden when we were first married and have often wished for just a small space to grow some of my favorites, but this is a wonderful second best! I will miss them during the winter months.

No comments: